Embracing brokenness - Akhilandeshvari
It has been a while since sharing my heart through words on a blog pad. Today, inspiration to write came from some beautiful readings, and some deep felt human encounters at work.
My background... or foreground, is in medicine, currently on a two year journey of residency in Vancouver to become a family doctor. It has been 4 months since the start of this residency program, and every step has been quite rewarding for the soul.
The word of the day for me was this: brokenness; or this: Akhilandeshvari - the never-not-broken Goddess.
Today, I witnessed some more shattered pieces of human experiences; the pieces were new to me on first glance - pieces of gender dysphoria, pieces of violent paranoia, and pieces of unrelenting schizophrenia in the face of systemic mistrust. I gently peel off the layers with them, setting aside carefully these shards of brokenness. What I saw beneath it all were equivocally vulnerable yet with such untouched beauty: a desire to be accepted not as whole, not to fit in as the perfect one, but to be accepted as the broken, the unfixed, the diamonds among the glass pile. In their eyes, I saw a desire to be embraced in the ambiguity of "they" and not "he" or "she", a desire to invite love into softening the violent shell of their confusion, a desire to melt through the seemingly upheld structures of society; In their eyes, I saw Akhilandeshvari.
Today I want to invite you, me, him, her, they, to touch and explore the broken pieces that walled around us, to study those slits of in-between spaces, to allow the discovery of our own kindling flame - this never-not-broken being, ready to love the world beyond the self.
My background... or foreground, is in medicine, currently on a two year journey of residency in Vancouver to become a family doctor. It has been 4 months since the start of this residency program, and every step has been quite rewarding for the soul.
The word of the day for me was this: brokenness; or this: Akhilandeshvari - the never-not-broken Goddess.
Today, I witnessed some more shattered pieces of human experiences; the pieces were new to me on first glance - pieces of gender dysphoria, pieces of violent paranoia, and pieces of unrelenting schizophrenia in the face of systemic mistrust. I gently peel off the layers with them, setting aside carefully these shards of brokenness. What I saw beneath it all were equivocally vulnerable yet with such untouched beauty: a desire to be accepted not as whole, not to fit in as the perfect one, but to be accepted as the broken, the unfixed, the diamonds among the glass pile. In their eyes, I saw a desire to be embraced in the ambiguity of "they" and not "he" or "she", a desire to invite love into softening the violent shell of their confusion, a desire to melt through the seemingly upheld structures of society; In their eyes, I saw Akhilandeshvari.
Today I want to invite you, me, him, her, they, to touch and explore the broken pieces that walled around us, to study those slits of in-between spaces, to allow the discovery of our own kindling flame - this never-not-broken being, ready to love the world beyond the self.

I always enjoy your writing style and substance. :)
ReplyDeletethanks Jack :) hope all is well and that you continue to invite sunshine and adventure into your life!
Delete